Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
TonyTheWhiteNC 100
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: New Rules about Leading  (Read 20865 times)

Reply #15
20/04/2015, 18:35

DJKyzer

• Forum Posts 101
    Likes Received 15
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
  • Coffee makes everything better
"With official SL status you have responsibilities that I myself don't wanna have everytime I play."

@Karbooo - Same here, the SL responsibilities would make it a lot less fun for me which is why I've never bothered, getting SL thrown on me occasionally isn't too bad but having it expected of me upon every login would get grating real quick - Though that's why I respect the SL/PL/OL's so much  ;)

Anime-Planet.com - anime

Reply #16
20/04/2015, 21:14

xH0PE

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 67
    Likes Received 13
  • stats are love, stats are life
Wait. I'm still allowed to open up and close private *cough*farming*cough* squads without anyones guidance, right?

Reply #17
20/04/2015, 23:20

ClanEater

• Forum Posts 102
    Likes Received 13
What? Why? What is the use of this rule?  :o

Reply #18
20/04/2015, 23:22

Synho

• Forum Posts 234
    Likes Received 147
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #31
Wait. I'm still allowed to open up and close private *cough*farming*cough* squads without anyones guidance, right?

I think if u dont put a RE4 tag on the squad it will be fine. :)

Reply #19
20/04/2015, 23:24

Synho

• Forum Posts 234
    Likes Received 147
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #31
What? Why? What is the use of this rule?  :o

Lot of time it happened that the leading of a platon got out of hand. Disconeted leader, log off...ect. So we got a random guy leading a zerg that wasc called RE4 platon...

We dont want that...U dont want that... 8)

Reply #20
21/04/2015, 00:45

MaringKaplan

• Forum Posts 172
    Likes Received 27
I agree. This is a way to guarantee quality. And I believe it only applies for squads and platoons with the RE4 tag, right? I could theoretically open a platoon without that tag, right?
"But dad, what about you?"

Reply #21
21/04/2015, 09:06

TheStickyNL

• Forum Posts 112
    Likes Received 4

Lot of time it happened that the leading of a platon got out of hand. Disconeted leader, log off...ect. So we got a random guy leading a zerg that wasc called RE4 platon...

That is exactly right!

We want to keep the official RE4 platoons as they are supposed to be: with a high standard. Open RE4 platoons should always have qualified leadership (or under it's supervision), in order to maintain this standard.

Reply #22
21/04/2015, 10:22

Karbooo

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 810
    Likes Received 428
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #82
  • Kunnia kestävän palkka.
So should those rules be written in a way that there's a mention of situations where you can use RE4 tag in-game?

RE4 tag + squad/platoon description standing out it's a RE4 squad/platoon -> official RE4 platoon/squad with qualified leadership

Without RE4 tag + no RE4 linked description -> just a random farm/having some casual playing style squad?

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Reply #23
21/04/2015, 14:33

LotP

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 615
    Likes Received 106
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #30
So should those rules be written in a way that there's a mention of situations where you can use RE4 tag in-game?

RE4 tag + squad/platoon description standing out it's a RE4 squad/platoon -> official RE4 platoon/squad with qualified leadership

Without RE4 tag + no RE4 linked description -> just a random farm/having some casual playing style squad?
i would see it that way;

Reply #24
21/04/2015, 14:37

LotP

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 615
    Likes Received 106
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #30

i would see it that way;

Reply #25
21/04/2015, 16:54

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #38

You will still be seen as a Re4per when leading it, with or without the tag. People that join will only think: "This re4pers platoon is so sloppy, the guy even forgot to set the tag. Oh my god... Even the re4pers leaders are noobs!"

@ XH0pe: I know you know the game well and I trust you to keep the squad private and disbanding it when you need to leave. You have a special permisson to have these small squads.

@ Atomise: Same for you. You have my trust.

And if you do, do it like this: closed + without RE4 tag + no RE4 linked description

But if we encounter re4pers-zerg-platoons again (open platoons lead by soldiers without any officers or even lead by recruits) I need to be more strickt and cancel these special permissions again. These platoons should not be around. Never! So if you see any of these, its in you best interest to shut them down!

We are working hard to improve our image. A single platoon like this can ruin the work of month.
« Last Edit: 21/04/2015, 17:02 by TheBUNKSTER »

Reply #26
21/04/2015, 17:35

NixxonUK

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 495
    Likes Received 209
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #47
  • Come Get Some
I agree with all this and I don't think it should be seen as negative.

If any Reaper wants to lead squads and/or platoons they can .. it's just that they have to become an official SL or PL first. I think I'm right in saying that no one has ever been rejected from SL or PL, but rather simply had to wait until they have received training, experience and have reached the right skill level. As such, I think we now have SL/PLs of excellent quality.

I also like the idea of the special permissions from Leadership for trusted brothers (and sisters) such as Atomise and xHope, since I believe our Outfit can be a little flexible with it's rules to ensure enjoyment for all.

Nix
Want a piece? Come see Nixxon

Reply #27
21/04/2015, 22:10

Pulloverlord

• Forum Posts 47
    Likes Received 9
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #93
Sometimes I play in random open platoons and it happens I get to
be squad leader, either because the PL sets me (they never ask... :-X )
cause of my high BR or SL leaves and I was second in squad, or somehow
else. I never ask for it.
So when I "accidentialy" get to be SL of a random platoon I write some
squad description that makes sense and add something like "no RE4 platoon"
e.g. squad description: "Indar alert (no RE4 platoon)". Of course I don´t
set the outfit tag.
Luke, I fucked your mother!

Reply #28
22/04/2015, 11:09

ClanEater

• Forum Posts 102
    Likes Received 13

I don't think that this is a huge problem, I mean everyone can read and see that the platoon/squad leader is not from RE4. And do you mean to say that disconnections can never happen to official leaders? I understand that recruits should not lead a Squad/Platoon but a soldier should. Often I'm doing this when I'm alone on the server and need a bit of coordination.

Reply #29
22/04/2015, 13:20

FelixTheLion

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 1.397
    Likes Received 1520
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #3
  • Flower-Power ? Firepower !
Unfortunately the case that a squad is led by a soldier or even a recruit is just one step away from (a squad with the description "Re4pers on ..." is led by a random NC).
For example: Yesterday in the evening, the Alert on Hossin which was a sign that more guys should start to follow their orders  >:(  was over.
After that 2 leaders of squads (one of them even a squad leader"But i don't want to tell names because they should know") left the platoon suddenly without looking for a new leader and in the end i had 2 squads with random leaders (both were not able to disband or at least to answer).
It's not impossible but annoying work to disband a platoon with problems like this.

It's all just to avoid problems like this.
« Last Edit: 23/04/2015, 00:22 by FelixTheLion »

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!