Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
Temudschin 61
Meil4n 31
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: New Rules about Leading  (Read 20812 times)

20/04/2015, 10:12

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #38
Dear Re4pers,

we have some unwritten rules that need to be implemented into our standard ruleset:

1. Recruits are not allowed to open or lead a squad or a platoon unless there is a special permission from the outfit lead.

2. Soldiers are not allowed to open squads or platoons. They can take squad or platoon leads of existing forces when an officer is online and supervising them. When this officer needs to leave, the lead needs to be taken back and the squad/platoon needs to be disbanded

3. If there is not leading personal present, squads and platoons need to be disbanded. Use the slash command: /squad disband or /platoon disband.

These rules are important to keep the high standard we provide in our platoons.

Fear the Re4pers!

Reply #1
20/04/2015, 11:20

Atomise

• Forum Posts 295
    Likes Received 21
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
hi Bunk

I started a re4pers squad on Sunday morning(mixed outfits and non outfits). this turned into a platoon. all the squad leaders where Re4pers and I had FelixtheLion as senior supervising over me. this was during a Hossin Alert where we lost by 2%. after Felix leaving I disbanded platoon. this was not requested from my side to open platoon, nor was there any permission granted from senior members to open a platoon. I did name the platoon accordingly as Reaapers on Hossin Alert.
please let me know if this was wrong of me/
if so I wont open one again.

Atomise

Reply #2
20/04/2015, 12:27

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
Well, you are a longtime Re4per and I know that you have a lot of experience. The big question here is if you had a mic on and if you were able to speak to the platoon. Platoon and Squad Leaders should always speak to the platoon/squad... thats our standard. If you had a mic and felix was there, it was ok.

Reply #3
20/04/2015, 12:50

Karbooo

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 810
    Likes Received 428
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #82
  • Kunnia kestävän palkka.

2. Soldiers are not allowed to open squads or platoons.
About this part. Could it be possible for soldiers to open up Re4pers only squad and keep it re4pers only? Especially in daytime there are not so many squadleaders present and there are pretty well known soldiers who can take lead of a re4pers only squad.

In my opinion it should always be a squad, never a platoon in these cases.

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Reply #4
20/04/2015, 13:06

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
Problem is that this always gets out of hand at some point. Squad lead is shifting randomly and after some invites a bravo squad appears ... and no one knows how to close it and nobody wants to close it. It happens often that somehow these closed squad are open aften some changes of the lead. This is the start of the Re4-zerg-platoon. And we dont like re4-zerg-platoons.

I know it sounds hard, but these changes are the only way to maintain order and quality. You can play in other outfits squads till a re4 squad or platoon leader gets online.

When officers get online they should open a squad and call out in outfit for that.

EDIT: Of course you can have a squad as soldier, but only when an officers agrees to supervise you and you make sure to give the squad lead back to the officer when you leave.

Thx for your understanding.
« Last Edit: 20/04/2015, 13:09 by TheBUNKSTER »

Reply #5
20/04/2015, 15:19

Atomise

• Forum Posts 295
    Likes Received 21
Well, you are a longtime Re4per and I know that you have a lot of experience. The big question here is if you had a mic on and if you were able to speak to the platoon. Platoon and Squad Leaders should always speak to the platoon/squad... thats our standard. If you had a mic and felix was there, it was ok.
HI Bunk

yea , i have been here a while to know what to do. Yes I did communicate with my microphone, and was in close co ordination with Command also( RammyRamsden).
was great experience I don't often get a chance to have, as you know I have wanted to be a squad leader for a while, but real life and Baby girl makes that opportunity hard, that's why I have not asked again to be squad leader. but It was so much fun, and grateful people following orders.

Reply #6
20/04/2015, 15:27

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
If that was fun to you, ask in our platoons or squads if you can take the lead more often!

Reply #7
20/04/2015, 15:29

Atomise

• Forum Posts 295
    Likes Received 21
will be asking alot more in future if the opportunity occurs (and I dont wake up everyone in my house at night)  8)

Reply #8
20/04/2015, 15:33

MaringKaplan

• Forum Posts 172
    Likes Received 27
So wait, is it still possible to take a squadlead in a platoon as a soldier? (Yes I know I'm a recruit now... I honestly can't wait)
"But dad, what about you?"

Reply #9
20/04/2015, 16:15

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
So wait, is it still possible to take a squadlead in a platoon as a soldier? (Yes I know I'm a recruit now... I honestly can't wait)

Yes, when as SL or PL is present and supervising you. Coordinate that in TS. You need to give back the lead or close the squad if that person went offline.

Reply #10
20/04/2015, 16:19

DJKyzer

• Forum Posts 101
    Likes Received 15
  • Coffee makes everything better
@Karbooo - Train up with a SL/PL and just become a Squad Leader yourself, that way there'll be a squad leader online @Daytime  :D

@MaringKaplan - If you mean taking a Squad Lead in an RE4 platoon, that'd be fine I think because there'd be a PL Leading anyway (When you pass recruitment stage)  :) . Generally just ask PL in TS if you could have a shot as a SL whenever one becomes available - That's basically how to get (Most of) the experience necessary to become a full fledged SL anyway.

Anime-Planet.com - anime

Reply #11
20/04/2015, 16:44

MaringKaplan

• Forum Posts 172
    Likes Received 27
Alright! Nice, I'm super excited to become SL and in time PL. But first, just one more week to become Soldier!
"But dad, what about you?"

Reply #12
20/04/2015, 17:47

Gwynbleidd12

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 1.778
    Likes Received 222
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #105
Bunki? I´m officially no SL anymore. Only for the recruitment-job to promote or demote ingame. So I also can´t open squads? Or should I come back to the official SL job?
Yes, girls also play Planetside 2!  ;D

Reply #13
20/04/2015, 18:07

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
Bunki? I´m officially no SL anymore. Only for the recruitment-job to promote or demote ingame. So I also can´t open squads? Or should I come back to the official SL job?

Gwyn, your position is special because of your special job. With your SL rank ingame you can open squads anytime, if you like. But unlike the other SLs you dont have to lead regulary. You are able to lead, you have the permission to do so but you are not forced to. 

Thx for your awsome job as recruitment manager, by the way  ;)

Reply #14
20/04/2015, 18:23

Karbooo

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 810
    Likes Received 428
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #82
  • Kunnia kestävän palkka.
...But unlike the other SLs you dont have to lead regulary. You are able to lead, you have the permission to do so but you are not forced to. 

@DJKyzer, this bunks' reply is the reason why I don't wanna apply for official squadleading. I also wanna play casual and have some fun with re4pers especially at daytime. With official SL status you have responsibilities that I myself don't wanna have everytime I play. If I apply, I "have to lead regulary" and I'm "forced to do so".

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!