Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

1 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
5tuperman 73
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: June 29, 2022 - Independence Day (PC Hotfix)  (Read 1365 times)

29/06/2022, 02:08

PSNews

• Psnews
  • Forum Posts 846
    Likes Received 27
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
All PC servers will come down for the following update on Wednesday, June 29, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CEST). Downtime for this update is expected to last up to 2 hours.

--

Independence Day Event!

Double Experience for ALL

Double Experience for ALL from July 1 - July 4.

Holiday Event Items

Starting July 1, you'll find the FREEDOM THRUSTERS, a max-rank Icarus Jump Jet available to equip in your Light Assault's loadout screen. This seasonal item will remain active all through July.

New to the Depot!

(Available July 1 - July 31)

Stars and Stripes Contrail Bundle! - 999 DBC

Patriotic new contrails available for the following vehicles!

• Galaxy
  • Liberator
  • Valkyrie
  • Dervish
  • Mosquito
  • Reaver
  • Scythe
Liberation Bundle - 1499 DBC

These new Liberator cosmetics were inspired by the F/A-18 Hornet!

• Title: Liberator
  • Liberator Talon Cockpit
  • Liberator Talon Plating
  • Screaming Eagle Drop Pod
[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/DQhxrlt.jpg

Liberator with Talon cosmetics and Stars and Stripes contrails.

Returning Items!

The Nomad-I Light Assault, Flare Guns, and Patriot Camo return throughout the month of July!

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/rXjetFe.jpg

Pictured: The Nomad-I Light Assault armor.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions

• We've decided to hold the release of the second summer directive until Surf and Storm releases, part 1 has been extended through July 5.
  • Temporarily disabled the Motion Blur graphics setting.
  • Updated the Red October outfit decal to move away from hammer and sickle iconography.

Source: Game Update Notes

Reply #1
29/06/2022, 09:24

F3388

• Rookie
  • Forum Posts 4
    Likes Received 8
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
  • Updated the Red October outfit decal to move away from hammer and sickle iconography.

cancel culture strikes again bros....

Reply #2
29/06/2022, 12:11

Crayper00

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 300
    Likes Received 257
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #86
  • Reapers are always vigilant
If I'm correct, RO (Red October) is the oldest russian outfit that comes from PS1, that means their decal is not made by devs, but they decide to modify it ... because they don't like the symbols that have been attributed to the guys for more than 20 years ?! American devs at their best...
Now I wonder whether Miller's russian outfit alliance (Silver winner last year) will be allowed to keep the name RUIN (Russian Union)...

Reply #3
29/06/2022, 12:40

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #12
Probably not a lot of people will shed tears because a symbol of oppression disappears from the decals. Dont forget that history got multiple viewpoints and this is their game to decide what they allow in it and what is not allowed.

Reply #4
29/06/2022, 13:42

Crayper00

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 300
    Likes Received 257
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #86
  • Reapers are always vigilant
This sort of topic (property and freedom of expression) shouldn't be simplified to who allows what, but needs to be considered in a complex way. Nowadays there is an obvious trend to censor certain thing (that are considered unsuitable), and if signs\symbols\words that have been used\allowed in a MMOFPS game for years (as You said - multiple views for everything - that usually means that everything is allowed unless used in a harmful way) for decades suddenly become CANCELED, maybe it's time to think/realize that smth is not right (instead of trying to defend\justify what is happening). Because who knows, what (or who) will be cancelled next...

Reply #5
29/06/2022, 14:18

ViljoLehtinen

• Elite Member
  • Forum Posts 421
    Likes Received 472
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #96
Obviously we would not have this discussion if they banned a swastika decal, so why discuss about hammer and sickle iconography.

"Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will in fact calm up." Teal'c

Reply #6
29/06/2022, 14:41

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
    Likes Received 1314
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #36
  • Armpit Eater
[sarcasm] Yeah cause it was always the case that altering media to suite and appease the vocal minorities and parties, is a sure way to fix any social issue and unify all acting in good faith. Never ever has it bring attention to the state of facts before the alteration and absolutely never left ppl feel excluded and inflamed to propagate the same issues even more. Pushing ppl into more and more extremist and tribalistic behaviors by simply being treated and labeled unfairly [/sarcasm] 

I would call this social ego-sickness. Symptoms: Autocratic entitlement, hypocrisy and name tagging running rampant, Ideological rejection of any common ground, ear plugging and shouting over each other. 

But hey all sickness meats auto-immune reactions sooner or later. In the end there is no functioning society with no faith and common ground to unify it

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #7
29/06/2022, 15:20

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #12
Probably this topic is not the right one for this discussion

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!