Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

1 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: May 18, 2022 - PlanetSide Legacy (PC Update)  (Read 1208 times)

18/05/2022, 01:04

PSNews

• Psnews
  • Forum Posts 847
    Likes Received 28
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
All PC servers will come down for the following changes on Wednesday, May 18, at 6:00am PT (3:00pm CEST). Downtime for this update is expected to last up to 4 hours as we conduct additional backend maintenance.

--

The PlanetSide Franchise Celebrates 19 Years of War

On May 20, 2003, the original PlanetSide was released. With the Legacy update, we celebrate 19 years of the PlanetSide franchise, and the battle on Auraxis.

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/73mQbX2.png

DOUBLE EXPERIENCE EVENT

• From May 18 - May 26, ALL PLAYERS will receive DOUBLE EXPERIENCE.
  • DOUBLE EXPERIENCE for MEMBERS will continue as normal from May 27 - May 29.
REDEEM ME

Redeem the code LEGACY2022 when this update goes Live to receive the NS-11C and the NS Harrower, a reliable pairing for soldiers young and old.

Limited Time, in the Depot

Throughout May, you can visit the Depot for classic weapons and armor, solid faction camos, limited-time bundles, and special edition weapons.

PlanetSide Legacy Bundle

New this year, the PlanetSide Legacy bundle offers a 6-month experience boost, three "Perfect" account-wide exceptional implants, fresh cosmetic takes on classic weapons, and more.

• 6-month Heroic Boost
  • Title: Enthusiast
  • Apex Drop Pod
  • "Apex" NC1 Gauss Rifle
  • "Apex" T1 Cycler
  • "Apex" Pulsar VS1
  • Infravision [Perfect]
  • Avoidance [Perfect]
  • Minor Cloak [Perfect]
  • Legacy Banner
  • Legacy Banner Frame
[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/UJq04X5.png

"Apex" T1 Cycler

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/KKTaGwN.png

"Apex" Pulsar VS1

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/NLXLcEP.png

"Apex" NC1 Gauss Rifle

New to the Arsenal

Empire-Specific Anti-Materiel Rifles

New Anti-Materiel Rifles are now available for each faction. With long-range optics and damage models befitting longer-range engagements, these rifles add a deadly new angle to your Engineer's toolkit.

DAGR-81 (Terran Republic) - An infantryman's answer to long-range vehicle opposition, with a quick rechamber and large magazine for sustained fire.

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/ov2x9xU.png

VX4-3 Slicer (Vanu Sovereignty) - This anti-materiel rifle delay-fires a plasma blade that rips through organic material on its way to striking heavily armored targets.

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/BLF0DYq.png

LA60 Masthead (New Conglomerate) - A hard-hitting anti-materiel rifle that deploys a flak payload when dealing with aircraft.

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/7V4CKjP.png

NE-36 Linecutter (Nanite Systems Operatives) - In addition to a balanced magazine, reload, and damage, this anti-materiel rifle can also prevent MAX units and infantry deployables from receiving repairs.

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/Xj1LSU7.png

Infantry Balance

NS-AM7 Archer

• Hipfire CoF bloom from 0.6 to 1.
  • ADS CoF bloom from 1 to 0.6.
  • ADS movement speed multiplier from 0.75x to 0.5x.
Dev Note: With the increased power provided by the last major update, this weapon's ADS mobility is higher than it needed to be. The Black Market Shortbow has kept this trait, however. The CoF value adjustments are mainly an error correction between the two firing states.

Directives

• A new Exceptional VI directive line has been added. Much of the weapons offered in the Legacy update, including the new "Apex" weapons, contribute to this directive's progress.
  • Anti-Materiel Rifle kills have been added as an option to the Engineer's Directive line.
  • Fixed an issue where Spitfire Auto-Turret and Anti-Vehicle Mana Turrets could not allow Engineer directive progress, or show as disabled.
User Interface

Main Navigation Menu

The Main Nav Menu has received many updates based on player feedback.

We've moved the Settings, Support, and Codex buttons out of the dropdown menu and into the lower-right hand corner; currencies are now readily visible in the upper-right area without a dropdown; and the logout button now prompts you to either return to the character select screen, or exit the game entirely. Many reported bugs have been resolved and refinements have been made as well.

Additionally, you can now bind a hotkey that will bring up the Settings menu.

[img alt=[IMG]]https://i.imgur.com/qXuxPOp.png

HUD Indicator Options

As shown in the screenshot above, we've added the option to turn off many of the HUD indicators in the game, and can be seen through its own pane in the Settings menu.

We're currently exploring options for differentiating some of the categories into friend/foe, but until then, many of the game's HUD indicators can be disabled to tailor the amount of on-screen clutter.

Spawn Changes (Likely Temporary)

When we first launched Oshur, we reverted to some legacy spawn rules with a little less restriction than they had. The intention there was to reduce performance overhead, while encouraging more logistical gameplay. With our investigation of the server performance issues ongoing, we'd like to revert back to the legacy ruleset, but with major reductions in the restrictions so that we don't end up in the situation we had with Oshur.

The outcome of these changes is that all of the valid hardspawns on the map will pop at the same time, instead of bringing them online based on the ideal combat zones we'd like to send you to. Vehicle spawn points will activate slightly faster. Ideally this would provide some information for us, and a more performant server for all of you while we continue our investigation.

Misc. Changes, Fixes, and Additions

• Fixed an issue with Darklight Flashlights revealing cloaks in first person from any distance.
  • Fixed a camera issue with the DV-XAT on the Dervish.
  • Fixed animation and VFX issues associated with the DV-22T Lightweaver.
  • Fixed an exploit with the Spitfire Turret.
  • Fixed various issues related to the NS-66 Bumblebee.
  • Explosive damage once again works in VR Training, but you'll likely see the return of fidgeting VR training targets as a result.
  • Heavy Crossbows now appear in the My Stats screen.
  • Fixed typos associated with some Heavy Magazine attachment descriptions.
  • You can now filter infantry weapons for Anti-Materiel Rifles in the Depot.
  • Added new loading screen tooltips.
  • Critical Chain now works with the NS-AM8 Shortbow.
  • Magrider's turbo costs have been adjusted to return the vehicle to expected performance levels.

Source: Game Update Notes

Reply #1
18/05/2022, 09:28

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.450
    Likes Received 1315
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #37
  • Armpit Eater
LA60 Masthead (New Conglomerate) - A hard-hitting anti-materiel rifle that deploys a flak payload when dealing with aircraft.

Oh how will the striker-babies cry, especially if they will just port the PTS version
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #2
18/05/2022, 10:05

ViljoLehtinen

• Elite Member
  • Forum Posts 421
    Likes Received 472
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #97
Put 4 engies in a Valkyrie with that weapon and you are good to go. I heard that was way to strong on PTS.
"Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will in fact calm up." Teal'c

Reply #3
18/05/2022, 11:52

Fallengud

• Platoon Leader
  • Forum Posts 5.322
    Likes Received 2302
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #13
Based on the description it should be hard hitting

Reply #4
18/05/2022, 12:20

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.450
    Likes Received 1315
  • Armpit Eater
« Last Edit: 18/05/2022, 12:21 by MrFFF »
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #5
18/05/2022, 12:34

Fallengud

• Platoon Leader
  • Forum Posts 5.322
    Likes Received 2302
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #13
Thats not even hard hitting. It could have take it down in 2 shots :D
« Last Edit: 18/05/2022, 13:57 by Fallengud »

Reply #6
18/05/2022, 12:51

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.450
    Likes Received 1315
  • Armpit Eater
Yeah with a heat tank canon. With a crazy shit bullet drop and velocity and a tank.

Reply #7
18/05/2022, 18:36

TheComposerNC

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 719
    Likes Received 450
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #66
and the t2 striker still exists, doesnt it? God forbid nc gets anit air

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!