Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

1 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
5tuperman 73
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: New player experience update  (Read 1989 times)

21/08/2021, 12:02

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #12

Reply #1
22/08/2021, 05:22

VydoonaccNC

• Elite Member
  • Forum Posts 127
    Likes Received 109
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #78
Ehm.. I guess I missed something about nanoweave .. I guess I mainly play support/flank roles, so I didn't know it was overpowered or whatever :D

Reply #2
22/08/2021, 10:40

xRETRY

• Elite Member
  • Forum Posts 301
    Likes Received 360
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #177
  • xH0PE | xCUR5ED ArcaneReality
Ehm.. I guess I missed something about nanoweave .. I guess I mainly play support/flank roles, so I didn't know it was overpowered or whatever :D

It is a bit controversial but there is a decent amount of people who think so. From what I have seen, the main arguments for it being overpowered or needs to be changed are usually:
  • It makes headshot too important
  • It increases the inconsistency of weapons (in regards to TTK)
  • It hurts the new player experience (as a result of the points above)
  • It is used by the vast majority of (competitive) infantry players, therefore it must be overpowered

Think of them whatever you want..

Reply #3
23/08/2021, 10:01

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
    Likes Received 1314
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #36
  • Armpit Eater
Heat is getting buffed and will be widely available, another big hit to the harraser. Need to get my directive done before the drop.
GD-22s takes place of the Gaussaw - good change! We need to advocate its greatness to new players from now on.
Shield bars will be displayed above spotted target health bars - Thats cool! Hope it wont contribute to screen clutter too much.
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!