Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
TonyTheWhiteNC 100
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: Changes in Leadership  (Read 8308 times)

11/10/2015, 18:44

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #38
Dear Re4pers,

first of all I am proud to announce the promotion of TerribleGerry (the brother of our PL TerribleHarry) and Claptrapis to the rank of Squad Leader. Both of them worked hard for that. Congratulations!

Second, there is another thing to announce: As you all know the ranks in our outfit are restricted to the players that fulfill the duties of their position activly. It comes by nature of online games that this level of activity isnt permanent. People may get interested in other games or other aspects of PS2 over time. This is no big deal and we dont get hard feelings over that, though it is necessary to adapt our ranks from time to time.

To make this easier we are working with the leading ribbon/hour score, with should be over 1 for a running month:

http://members.re4pers.com/leadership-leaderboard
(You can watch that score when you change the "all time" dropdown to "1 month")

Its one of my disagreeable duties to change the rank of some current Squad and Platoon Leaders in the next days to a tier below. For some I know the reason, for others not. If you see that you are facing this and you know thats only temporary please PM me. All the demoted members can get their rank instantly back if they can fulfill their duties againg - there is no second formal application needed.

Thats the circle of live, brothers and sisters. Some will go and others will come. So dont forget to cheer our new Squad Leaders Gerry and Clap!  

Fear the Re4pers!

Reply #1
11/10/2015, 23:32

NixxonUK

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 495
    Likes Received 209
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #47
  • Come Get Some
It seems sensible, Brother Bunk. I'm particularly missing Brothers Dorian and Sticky  :( but our regular officer corps is top class at the moment.

Change is good Brethren, always remember that.
Want a piece? Come see Nixxon

Reply #2
12/10/2015, 00:54

stonedmedic

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 892
    Likes Received 257
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #126
well scoreboard shows that everyone except bunk will get demoted ;). even felix has 0.83 rib/h :)

Reply #3
12/10/2015, 10:02

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
well scoreboard shows that everyone except bunk will get demoted ;). even felix has 0.83 rib/h :)

I will not go for such an infrastructual suizide.  :D  Even when I am german I am not a prussian bureaucrat ;)

But we have some 0,0 scores there too and these are my concerns.

Reply #4
12/10/2015, 10:34

Karbooo

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 810
    Likes Received 428
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #82
  • Kunnia kestävän palkka.
And some platoon leaders play a lot in daytime and usually there's not enough people to fill up a platoon. Usually you have to have 4 full squads to gain PL ribbons fast enough. I think SL rib/hr chapter is the one to look at.

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Reply #5
12/10/2015, 13:19

Earentil

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 554
    Likes Received 161
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #131
  • ΕΣΤ' ΑΝ ΤΗΝ ΑΥΤΗΝ ΟΔΟΝ ΙΗ
Its not a bad metric to use the rib/h the problem though is that even in a succesfull platoon you dont get enough ribons most of the time, 2 days ago we captured many bases and won the allert but still I got 3 ribbons and I had the platoon for more than the 2 hours of the alert. There are many cases were things go bad that you dont get more than 1 per 2 hours.

I am not playing a lot or doing PL much latelly but still can have a 0.6 on average (which is bad), so maybe make the PL thing a 0.75 ? This way if someone is playing PL enough he can keep it and us that dont PL enough we can fall back to SL or lower:)

SL on the other hand should def have at least 1/h since its a lot easier to get one.

But on this issue I would like to point out that we have a small issue of burning our PLs out, it seems each time someone becomes PL then he has to carry the torch untill another PL is made, this burns you out, although I loved doing PL when I become one I got so tired of not doing anything else for two months that made me get bored of it. Now we are having stoned carry the torch untill he gets burned out too ;) Maybe we need to find a way for PLs to split up load some way.

Reply #6
12/10/2015, 17:06

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
Maybe we can adjust that PL score/h - but that should be a seperate discussion (Please start it if you think its time!).

I will consider that feedback of hard to earn PL ribbons and in general I will not demote people that miss that target a month or two ... nobody has interest in beeing too harsh with our hard working and hard trying leaders - but we also must keep the officer corps vital and active and for that we need to check the activity from time to time in a rational way. Like said before, this is more about the 0,0 - 0,3 scores in a row. But even for that:

This is a standard procedure, nothing else. And can be compared with the "2month inactive > kicked from outfit" rule. Demotions are not meant as a blame, they are just an adjustment to the actual activity level. There will be no hard feelings and everybody will still be respected and liked the same way as before.

Reply #7
12/10/2015, 19:39

AT0Mfr

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 303
    Likes Received 208
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #34
  • french are awesome!
Personnaly, I make half of my play time in the morning. There are only a couple of re4pers online at that time (mostly the same guys : Karboo, Laluman, Earentil, TowerC, Felix...), so half are SL & PL, so ussualy there is just a single squad running with one of us leading. I can't play at prime time when it's crowded (familly duties :-)  So I guess can't hardly it that 1 rib/h request. But it's ok, I can retired.  ;)
"thats so 19th century..." © 2017 - FichiZulla
"He kid, bring me a coffee !" © 2014 - THEBUNKSTER
;D © 2017 - Synho

Reply #8
13/10/2015, 12:37

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
Personnaly, I make half of my play time in the morning. There are only a couple of re4pers online at that time (mostly the same guys : Karboo, Laluman, Earentil, TowerC, Felix...), so half are SL & PL, so ussualy there is just a single squad running with one of us leading. I can't play at prime time when it's crowded (familly duties :-)  So I guess can't hardly it that 1 rib/h request. But it's ok, I can retired.  ;)

Well, thats a good reason and fully understandable. Early bird bonus granted!  ;)

Reply #9
13/10/2015, 22:57

Ulanyouknow

• Forum Posts 4
    Likes Received 0
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
Hey! I have 1

Reply #10
16/10/2015, 10:18

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.666
    Likes Received 583
It is done. I will not post any names here because I dont want this to become a public pillory - the regarding people got a PM from me.

I hope you all understand how important our open platoons are and how important it is to set them up and lead them. These platoons are our liveline. Other then most of the old outfits on this server we are not vanished because we constantly recruit new players with them. And these players come to us because they like how its done and they want it that way. Some of them become leaders later and have open platoons on their own - which gives us new recruits again. Thats our circle of life.

But these platoons are run by people: our officers. Its sometimes fun and much enjoying but on other days its hard and frustrating. The only thing we can offer these people for their hard work are the ranks. And thats why it is so important that these ranks stand for somethink and reflect the actual efforts a person puts into the leading our great forces.

I am kind of sad to see that the general level of leading activity dropped in the last month. I really hope that this will change again.

Officers, its really up to you to keep the outfit alive and active for the next month. Its small things, like taking a squad or a platoon from time to time and give you best to lead it. We have a lot of officers and this is a small burden if you share it.

This is a great outfit - for sure the greatest on this server - but we all must do our part to keep it up. Good things dont come easy.

Fear the Re4pers!
Your Bunk

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!