Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: [PTS] Koltyr  (Read 5398 times)

07/01/2015, 01:21

PSNews

• Psnews
  • Forum Posts 847
    Likes Received 28
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
The next Test server update should include the first build of Koltyr, our new-player zone.

This zone is still under construction and needs a bit of work before we’re done. We are actively working on the three center outposts, so they need still cover, and aesthetics/polish work. That said, we're looking forward to getting functionality bugs from all of you as we continue to work on Koltyr. As it stands now, youshould be able to spawn at, spawn vehicles at, capture, etc all of the major outposts.

Please let us know if that’s not the case!

Source: Planetside 2 Test Server: Announcements

Reply #1
07/01/2015, 10:59

MummelWurst

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 583
    Likes Received 19
sounds cool, but what does "new-player" zone mean? typing error or true new continent?

Reply #2
07/01/2015, 11:28

JohnnyDread

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 807
    Likes Received 96
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #20
  • Re4per since 2013-05-09 01:44 PM
New Characters (currently set to BR10 and lower) always start on Koltyr with new tutorials which will replace the old tutorial at some point. They also have their own directives to be acomplished on Koltyr with the last step being to "warp to another continent" and join the real fight.

BR11+ cannot go to Koltyr but I am afraid there will be a lot of players that will create a new character to just go mess with the new guys...

Koltyr is also very small (3xWG, 3xTowers, 1 of each major facility) and will be instanced multiple times depending on how many new players are playing.

Reply #3
07/01/2015, 14:19

MummelWurst

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 583
    Likes Received 19
ok, well it sounds like a great addition, even with the possibility of having these kinds of assholes

but i guess not many of them will have fun for long time with that, so it will be a good thing to have
i hope the devs bring up some more creative directives for new players to complete and i wuld actually set the level of new character becoming "old" to BR 15, BR 10 is so fast accomplishable

Reply #4
07/01/2015, 15:26

JohnnyDread

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 807
    Likes Received 96
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #20
  • Re4per since 2013-05-09 01:44 PM
There is a whole directive tree for new players (also with the usual 4 Levels).
Some of the directives are:

- Redeploy
- Join an Outfit (not exactly sure how a new player can decide which is a good outfit at that point...)
- Spawn a Sunderer
- Spawn a Flash
- Die
- Use Instant Action

There are screenshots of them floating around and you can also check them out on PTS.

Reply #5
08/01/2015, 09:06

AlexisFR

• Forum Posts 150
    Likes Received 28
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #213
  • French Freedom Enforcer
Seems like a good thing... I'll play again after the PS4 Beta launch...

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!