Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

1 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
5tuperman 73
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: Touhou Music - Fan and unofficial works  (Read 4021 times)

13/08/2022, 12:05

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #36
  • Armpit Eater
Hey! Here i will post Doujin (indie/fan) works of Touhou music, and You are welcome to do the same.

Zun's (creator of TH) amazing composing and the Touhou fandom are the most amazing creative pitfall to fall to i can tell You that much. Outstandingly original and bizarre characters and lore give the perfect base for fan creativity. Not to mention the unique somewhat opensource type of licensing

To get started with i will re-post the music i posted before. Mostly to clean up and organize, but also for Your convenience and to use myself as something to fall back to when i need it. (I also need a new thread going to test some forum settings and such but nvm that)

================================================================================

Fandom memes and creators i need to look up more

Who needs eurovision... here i bring You... Touhouvision! Because for some reason ppl like doing TH music in eurobeat

More Touhou fandom insanity

================================================================================

Floating Cloud

Heres a playlist of... Irish folk?

Its touhou inspired cause everything is Touhou and Touhou can be everything.

Playlist here

Shinra-Bansho

Breathtaking animations and production value from these ppl

Something bizzare and sexy

Something sad but beautiful

Something beautiful but sad

And something simply fun as all hell

Marasy8
Piano

Amazing YT pianist, i love him for his Touhou arrangements and medleys, but he does other stuff. Sadly all the titles are in jap so its a bit hard to navigate, but using his channel name in YT search helps.

40Nix
Chiptune

Heres some Megaman 5 style Touhou remixes if You have a soft spot for 8-bit chiptune

Demetori
Metal/Rock

This is one heck of a beefy Rock and metal remix compilation by Demetori.
Yes it Touhou based stuff again, You can probably tell by the absolute fuck ton of fan art that was put in the video. A LOT of impressive art in there

Diao ye zong
Vocal/Traditional Rock

Vocal arrangement of a song from Touhou 10. Original song title "Tomorrow will be special, yesterday was not".

Lenk64/Miki Hiroyuki

hardbass/trance/techno
Dude also draws, i have no idea why he feels inspired to do slavic inserts into TH, but it amuses me greatly

Lyrica live
Lyric aragements over the original songs

Here's a couple fan made lyric adding remakes of the songs that caught my attention today. There some lore in the description of the vids if you wanna know more.

This fan lyric arrangement for a Touhou song has amazing lyrics with gr8 rhythm and duet performance! Cant get it out of my head.

And ofc the lore tie-ins and references and sublime

YaboiMatoi
Rock/Metal

Stack Bros.
Circle name 暁Records公式, akatsukirecords

Probably the weirdest Touhou music circle i found so far... weird as hell but alluring. I disliked the vocal at first but it grew on me, at this point Stack is my favorite vocalist ever and i will post a lot more from here for sure

Original here
Theres a bit of this one also

Original here

Original here

Also acoustic version of the above

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So my favorite music circle i mentioned some time ago published a new vocal rearrangement, Stack is doing the vocals again and im not at all disappointed.

There is a decent showcase of the original song along with gameplay on YT. It was used as the theme for the last boss of the 1st touhou game "Highly Responsive to Prayers", 5 years before TH came to windows PC in 2002 with Touhou 6. It had a unique mashup between gameplay similar to "Arkanoid" games and a shoot em up bulethell game.

"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #1
17/08/2022, 16:19

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
<< Looks like due to the large amount of embeded videos the theread take a moment to load, be patient :P >>

I mentioned how i love Stack's vocal work before, wanted to dedicate a post for acoustic versions of some of the vocal arrangements she made. Cause they are just that much awesome

Some of the original songs sadly dont have eng subs, and were not mentioned here before despite being amazing. I will link link them here either way

Necromantic, that was mentioned by me before
original

Shoujo Kyuusei Ron
Original

Karmanations

-Eternal Summer-
Original

Hanipaganda, really insane
Original

Full playlist of 9 songs i found on YT
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPfsysFETat0D7n3KtkgFmszVWzsyDSsV
« Last Edit: 17/08/2022, 16:22 by MrFFF »
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #2
20/09/2022, 14:52

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
Give me more Stack

Reply #3
26/09/2022, 13:22

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
Newest upload by YaboiMatoi, this ones original is freshly in my mind as it plays in the last TH stage that i completed.
Dude's crisp as always

and the previous was sweet as well (the clasic TH06 Sakuya theme that Lolo should love - that stage broke the camels back so to speak, cant blame him really its a difficulty spike and it was his 1st TH game)

Reply #4
27/09/2022, 13:04

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
An amazing compilation of, like, over a hundred fan and unofficial versions of Cirno's theme "Beloved tomboyish girl in love" with all the links provided in the pined comment

Reply #5
03/10/2022, 11:14

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
And more Stack 

Reply #6
27/12/2022, 13:12

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
The original version of Sakkyun Light (previously linked a accoustic version with a comedy Animation) this time with a older PV and english subs 

Reply #7
15/03/2023, 10:02

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
Some new stuff from Stack, promoting new album

Reply #8
30/03/2023, 12:14

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
Floating cloud Irish Folky stuff, album

Reply #9
25/04/2023, 13:47

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
The Ground's Colour is Yellow, is conidered as one of the themes for Reimu. Comes from a mainline touhou fighting game Touhou:10.5 Scarlet Weather Rhapsody. So its official as it gets, but at the same time as typical for many of the offshoot touhou games most of the ost was not composed by ZUN (this was made by U2 Akiyama)

Reply #10
17/05/2023, 14:30

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater

Reply #11
24/05/2023, 15:50

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater

Reply #12
30/05/2023, 10:00

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater

Reply #13
02/06/2023, 04:54

VydoonaccNC

• Elite Member
  • Forum Posts 127
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #78
This thread needs some balance

Reply #14
05/06/2023, 13:27

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
  • Armpit Eater
Oh god :o i need a hardbass palet clenser after that

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!