Cobalt(EU) is online

1 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
AngryKhanBG 91
Most Re4pers ever online: 100 (05 Feb 2017)

Poll

Which two days would you want Re4per OP days on?

Monday
4%
2 Votes
Tuesday
8%
4 Votes
Wednesday
18%
9 Votes
Thursday
14%
7 Votes
Friday
14%
7 Votes
Saturday
18%
9 Votes
Sunday
24%
12 Votes

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: 05/04/2018, 00:24

Short URL:

Author Topic: RE-STARTING RE4PER OPS (again)  (Read 685 times)

29/03/2018, 00:24

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.035
    Likes Received 357
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #105
Hey guys,

So I'd like to readdress this issue, I know it's been beaten to death multiple times but I feel we really need to work on it and get it working so as we can all enjoy the game more.

We've recently had a massive op (thanks to wolken) which showed what an organised re4pers platoon could still do, and it got me thinking: why don't we have these as often? Now I'm not suggesting we would have a similar size scale/organised event but having a regular set of days we all try and get online for would improve the experience for everyone. This wasn't so much of a problem in the pass as we had more regular leaders leading daily, now days people leading platoons are less and less which means our members have a harder time knowing when a platoon is running which for most of us is why we joined this outfit in the first place. It is a circle of people joining the game, seeing no one on and leaving or going solo and the same applies for our teamspeak.

What I suggest is we have a vote and pick two days (ideally not next to each other) that we all try to be online for so as to start a decent platoon. Platoon should still be public (obviously make space for re4pers if needs be) so as to keep attracting new recruits. On these days I want people to join us ingame and on teamspeak even if no one else is there! The more people that join the more people that will join! To make it work you guys have to join as well, it won't become a regular thing unless we get the momentum going and making sure everyone knows what days to expect this on. This will also likely encourage more people to lead which equals more leaders!

Any future events etc can also be held on these days in the future.

Most of the outfits in this game have op days so it seems silly that we still don't. And to have two days that we do ops/platoons on will help people on shift work (like me) be able to take part in them.

Let's get voting guys and we'll look to start doing these in a couple of weeks time, the more effort we all put into this the better our in game experience will be! Also TR/VS need a reminder of who we are!
Highly trained professional in making it look like I know what I'm doing.

Reply #1
29/03/2018, 16:06

Hydraec

• Platoon Leader
  • Forum Posts 499
    Likes Received 127
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #245
I think we should keep events like this on month basis. If we make it too often, people will get bored and less people will come.

I take as example the Kain Ops (which in my opinion is made too often) : At first, when we started again the ops we filled 6 squads in total in 2 platoons. Why? Cos we didn't had ops in a long time so people were like "Oh it's nice to have this op. I should probably go there since it's not so often we have one".

Last time, we barely had 3 squads op at all time. Why? Cos we make it too often and people think "i can skip it, there'll be a next one".

In my opinion, including all ops, we should make it one ops per month only (With maybe the exception of Kain ops if people wants. We can have one of this per month).

Reply #2
29/03/2018, 21:13

DerWiedergaenger

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 44
    Likes Received 16
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #115
I totally agree with Hydraec that these organised events should be kept special events everyone is looking forward to. But another thing is that the "casual platoons" became rare. I know how hard it is to lead a platoon (because every time i try i fail miserably) but the "casual gameplay" is the thing the people do most.

Nonetheless i am really looking forward to the first re4 ops :) 

Reply #3
29/03/2018, 22:27

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.035
    Likes Received 357
I understand keeping ops not as frequent to keep them interested, but the idea behind doing Re4per ops would be to ensure we have a more reliable regular platoon play. I want to create two days that people will know that something will be up, I feel at the moment people join our outfit and then never play in our platoons again because they don't know when they're up and they lose interest. This is about ensuring regular platoon play rather than big organised events.

Reply #4
30/03/2018, 01:00

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.624
    Likes Received 469
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #15
When I got it right, Plants idea was just to bottleneck our activity a bit. Like days where you expect an ops or just a plattoon going on. Thats good! I also think mega-events like the combined arms ops by wolken or KAIN-ops should be exclusive
 and no daily or weekly events. But having dedicated days for, lets simply say: organized gameplay ... it would give people like me an idea when to show up ... And I know there is a ton of old, (maybe rusty?) re4pers material here ;)
« Last Edit: 30/03/2018, 01:05 by TheBUNKSTER »

Reply #5
31/03/2018, 20:02

Hydraec

• Platoon Leader
  • Forum Posts 499
    Likes Received 127
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #245
Thank's DerWieder

I understand keeping ops not as frequent to keep them interested, but the idea behind doing Re4per ops would be to ensure we have a more reliable regular platoon play. I want to create two days that people will know that something will be up, I feel at the moment people join our outfit and then never play in our platoons again because they don't know when they're up and they lose interest. This is about ensuring regular platoon play rather than big organised events.

I was primary reacting over the "you must show up" part of your first message.

As long as it's just to choose days in week where we agree to have regular platoons organized, i'm fine with it  ;)

Reply #6
31/03/2018, 22:47

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.035
    Likes Received 357
Thank's DerWieder

I was primary reacting over the "you must show up" part of your first message.

As long as it's just to choose days in week where we agree to have regular platoons organized, i'm fine with it  ;)

Ahh no problem, I say 'must show' to try and encourage people to join as the more people that come the better they will be! Obviously I can't force people to join :P

Reply #7
04/04/2018, 12:21

LostSpine

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 109
    Likes Received 36
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #195
Would be neat! Will hopefully catch the people that doesn't visits the forum regular,
if they see that certain day have more active Re4pers. Great Proposal PlantPot!  ;)

Reply #8
05/04/2018, 15:28

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.035
    Likes Received 357
Right guys voting is closed. Winning days are Sunday in first place, and Saturday and Wednesday joint second/third. Seeing as Sunday got the most votes that will be one of our two days, and as we want these two days spread out we will go with Wednesday instead of Saturday as the other day.

Just to remind you guys these days aren't so to speak 'OP days' but more days that we will try to have a platoon up. Initially we will go with the default time of 1900CET for starting (obviously a platoon can start whenever) but we can change that if needs be. For this to work I ask you guys to please attend one or both of these days and help try getting a platoon going. If no one starts a platoon please take the initiative and start one! Leading can be stressful but also very rewarding, for those that haven't tried it please give it a go!

Let's get our name back out there as the best platoons on the NC!

EDIT: forgot to add that we'll be making some changes both forum side and in game to insure the message is passed to all memebers.
« Last Edit: 05/04/2018, 15:37 by PlantPotSoldier »

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!