Cobalt(EU) is online

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
Achil1988 115
MEMBRANO 119
Wopakmoob 113
Lardra 113
Donostiarra 56
Most Re4pers ever online: 100 (05 Feb 2017)

Linked Events

• JOINT OPS WITH KAIN: 18/08/2016Please login or register to sign up for this event.
Short URL:

Author Topic: [18/08/2016,21:00 CEST] JOINT OPS WITH KAIN  (Read 3064 times)

09/08/2016, 12:17

stonedmedic

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 885
    Likes Received 268
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #60
Next joint ops with KAIN are going to take place on our TS. We need to provide 2 squad leaders and a PL.

Reply #1
11/08/2016, 01:41

Shoarmabro

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 206
    Likes Received 52
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #259
in. Also in for sl if the commands go over ts
Always love when a scyte fallows you trough a friendly airshield

Reply #2
16/08/2016, 17:40

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 802
    Likes Received 239
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #104
Should be able to make it, can lead if needs be.

Reply #3
18/08/2016, 23:55

Gwynbleidd12

• Ace
  • Forum Posts 1.745
    Likes Received 222
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #81
I really want to say thank you to Shoa that he lead the OP. And he did pretty well!!!

BUT I also have to say that something really went wrong and we need an solution for future. Have to say the mood was not good at the beginning. You, Stoned and Bunkster, set up this great OP´s but when noone of you attend we are unorganized, ofc that we have to improve. We had to look for a PL pretty fast. It´s chaotic and it feels not good to look unorganized for KAIN. So when you set up an event make sure that everything runs.

So my idea: We write down the formation one week before or when this event is hosted. Like a list...Who wanna lead. Who wanna take a squad and so on. This time it was really a crappy organisation...Sorry to say that.

So my conclusion: The ones that host an event (and this is meant generally) have to make sure everything runs. They ofc don´t have to lead but the leads must be cleared out days before.

Don´t take it personal pls!
« Last Edit: 19/08/2016, 04:36 by Gwynbleidd12 »
Yes, girls also play Planetside 2!  ;D

Reply #4
19/08/2016, 00:15

NaturallyMoist

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 16
    Likes Received 2
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #322
Having only taken part in 2.5 joint ops, I'm not sure how valid my input is.. however:

This was by far the most enjoyable one yet, maybe not the most successful (VP and territory wise, and maybe being in Shoa's squad helped) but it was not as chaotic as previous ones, hence the .5, I left the first one I joined because it was driving me insane.

My personal opinion is that it would be great for the joint ops to continue, they expose us to tactics we wouldn't normally use, and just generally a refreshing change of voices on TS, but it needs to be decided if we are taking things seriously and therefor having proven platoon and squad leaders ready, or if its just a chance for the more serious of us to mix with other serious players and work together, in a relaxed way. I forget who said it on TS, but Shoa was told not to worry, give orders to the squads as everyone here WANTS to follow orders, but it feels like no one wants to step up and lead because it is often quite chaotic..

I feel like we should have a better structure and system in place for this event as once we got going, Shoa seemed to enjoy it a little more than he did at the start, the last time I heard someone dislike leading so much was when Gwyn gave it a go again  ;D.

I am mostly just rambling now, but my final point is that from the lowest rank to the highest, everyone needs to pay attention and follow the orders, dont stress the SL and PL, oh and I preferred that we had less micro management from Shoa, he left the details to the SL which made it generally less chaotic.

And one final point, which is for all platoons and everytime we play, if the platoon leader is giving orders ingame.. please be quiet on Teamspeak.. some of us actually want to know where we're going.

Thanks to everyone who leads, we do appreciate it.

Reply #5
19/08/2016, 00:49

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 802
    Likes Received 239
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #104
Yeah sorry guys I was going to lead but computers connection didn't want to work properly tonight for some reason, tried restarting and everything no fix yet. By the sounds of it shoa did a good job and it went well, so at least tonight wasn't a complete waste.

Reply #6
19/08/2016, 00:54

Gwynbleidd12

• Ace
  • Forum Posts 1.745
    Likes Received 222
No waste at all...what I really wanna say is that we need a better organisation of this kind of events at all.
And ofc there can be always issues accure. But for that cases we can have backup leaders. You know what I mean?
« Last Edit: 19/08/2016, 04:37 by Gwynbleidd12 »

Reply #7
19/08/2016, 00:59

stonedmedic

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 885
    Likes Received 268
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #60
good point gwyn, do you want to organize next ops and lead it perhaps?

Reply #8
19/08/2016, 02:05

Gwynbleidd12

• Ace
  • Forum Posts 1.745
    Likes Received 222
I wrote dont take it personal. But ok was clear something like this happens again. If i wrote it to evil or something im sorry. It was an idea. There must be a curse on me. I said that its good that there is stuff organized but...ah nevermind. I am out...See you on the battlefield.
« Last Edit: 19/08/2016, 03:29 by Gwynbleidd12 »

Reply #9
19/08/2016, 05:04

SarinaSan

• Ace
  • Forum Posts 300
    Likes Received 62
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #245
I wrote dont take it personal. But ok was clear something like this happens again. If i wrote it to evil or something im sorry. It was an idea. There must be a curse on me. I said that its good that there is stuff organized but...ah nevermind. I am out...See you on the battlefield.
Gwyn, You say right things, so don't cross them ( It's difficult  to read btw ;) )
But you also can help organize such things. Yep organization it is a work, whats why usually everyone make it simple. We have jobs already in real life, and we don't wanna have it in game ( that's why we don't play WoW ;) )
So yes, organization must be, but still it's voluntary thing  as same as PLing and SLing, but the main point is, if you take the job: DONE IT. Still emergency can happened. And the good point that we should always have 2 main leaders and 2 which will take the lead if needed ( in this particular situation )

Reply #10
19/08/2016, 07:39

Karbooo

• Ace
  • Forum Posts 705
    Likes Received 333
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #31
  • Si vis pacem, para bellum
But guys look on the bright side. Even KAIN guys noticed that Shoarmabro was not familiar with platoon leading in the early minutes of the event, but after the event they all were surprised how well Shoarmabro evolved in platoon leading. I mean it was very tough spot to lead in and he performed very well.

And the fights that we took were enjoyable. Big thanks to Felix though, without his generosity, this event would not have been pulled through.

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Reply #11
19/08/2016, 09:17

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.599
    Likes Received 435
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #14
Thx Shoarma for stepping in.

Stoned, Plant and me all planed to be there but by accident non of us was able to join. That happens. @Gwyn: We already had that leading list, like usual.

It was bad luck and not our intention but this incident shows one thing: 98% of the re4pers are relying on less the a handful of people to keep the organization up and to lead them. Have you ever thought that by this you put this small amount of people under big pressure? These few people have done a good job in the past and you all should be greatfull for this. Its not god-given and it wont be forever. When something is not working out, your first reaction should NOT be "what should these leading people do better?" it should be much more "how can I help the Re4pers to get better?".

I really thing the very most re4pers have found a very comfortable spot now. The general activity in the officers threads are low, the outfit literary runs on less then a handfull people - the rest is passive and enjoyes the work and efforts of the few. But what will happen if these few people are burned out? Will we go down the drain then? Or are there still people out there that really care? If so, dont wait till its too late - help is needed NOW. If you see that our team is in need of help, OFFER HELP instead of complaining.

Also read here > http://re4pers.com/index.php?topic=3462.msg28570;topicseen#new

Reply #12
19/08/2016, 09:33

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.599
    Likes Received 435
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #14

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!