HyperionMagnus 75
TrueMiller 83
SandmanK1 43
Trojanoltu 81
MarE3k 104
BarioBackstabio 79
Hero508 104
chubbysquirrel2 32
Most Re4pers ever online: 100 (05 Feb 2017)

Linked Events

• RE4 Tournament Team First Training: 07/06/2016Please login or register to sign up for this event.
Short URL:

Author Topic: [07/06/2016,19:00 CET] RE4 Tournament Team First Training  (Read 9639 times)

Reply #15
06/06/2016, 17:51

stonedmedic

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 892
    Likes Received 272
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #79
sarina, i'm not the expert but you are only complicating this. you want different fire team names? you want everyone that see 'spades' to say 'sharks'? using renzor method is not working for us, we already tried that. it's better to keep it natural and say 'two guys at double doors' than 'double doors. +2. -1. clear'.

About building orientation, it is way better to get simple rule, North is Front (or if positioning is not straight from North to South, we clock system will help, next to the right from North is Front).

and this... so instead of using actual North for reference you want to call front of building North which can be for example facing South and if it won't do the job you want to use clock system? So '3 o'clock from North +2 -2' would translate to 'two guys east, got 'em'?

Reply #16
06/06/2016, 18:44

mas17

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 329
    Likes Received 106
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #103
As Sarina said that we wont have fixed squad and leaders we should use terms, that are already in usage and easy to understand, like stoned said "Two guys at double doors, one down". Everybody understands that, even if he didnt play in a tactical squad yet or often. But when you say " D-Doors 2+ -1" half of the squad wont get it because they are not used to it because nobody were speaking to them like this before. And it isnt really much shorter to say (maybe a few milliseconds :D)

Reply #17
06/06/2016, 19:01

SarinaSan

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 341
    Likes Received 72
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #259
sarina, i'm not the expert but you are only complicating this. you want different fire team names? you want everyone that see 'spades' to say 'sharks'? using renzor method is not working for us, we already tried that. it's better to keep it natural and say 'two guys at double doors' than 'double doors. +2. -1. clear'.

About building orientation, it is way better to get simple rule, North is Front (or if positioning is not straight from North to South, we clock system will help, next to the right from North is Front).

and this... so instead of using actual North for reference you want to call front of building North which can be for example facing South and if it won't do the job you want to use clock system? So '3 o'clock from North +2 -2' would translate to 'two guys east, got 'em'?

We understand each other wrong:P

Now I clearly understand what you was saying...Fire teams should be named as in game, fully agree about it (becouse of my misunderstanding started yours).

And about clock system is difficult to explain but easy as it is; forget about it.
Yep calling the North/South/East is much better and easier ground floor Second Floor
But what I was emphasize on is not to use Bottom right room, Top right room,(like in a file u shared) but the direction (not so big metter front/back/right North/South/East I always orientate by minimap).

About "+-" system. It can be like 'double doors. 2. clear.' But it should be implemented in Tournament Squad. This type of stuff works, you know the rule orders must be short so do information
« Last Edit: 06/06/2016, 19:18 by SarinaSan »

Reply #18
06/06/2016, 19:29

McDamager

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 101
    Likes Received 29
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #194
  • What does this red button do ?
Many people (including me) have currently problems with the Testserver installation and get the following error message, which makes it impossible to launch the program:

C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2 Test/PlanetSide2_x64.exe - 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I hope they will fix it until tomorrow, otherwise I am not able to participate :(
Heroes aren´t born, they die and respawn...and may respawn again...but they never ragequit  8)

Reply #19
06/06/2016, 19:37

SarinaSan

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 341
    Likes Received 72
Many people (including me) have currently problems with the Testserver installation and get the following error message, which makes it impossible to launch the program:

C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/PlanetSide 2 Test/PlanetSide2_x64.exe - 193: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I hope they will fix it until tomorrow, otherwise I am not able to participate :(
Which OS you're using?

Reply #20
06/06/2016, 19:49

mas17

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 329
    Likes Received 106
Same here as mcdamager, uninstalled it already and installed it, doesnt help

Reply #21
06/06/2016, 19:54

SlyMountain1983NC

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 317
    Likes Received 56
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #69
i will also try to join but i think it will be later cause a have to work long

Reply #22
06/06/2016, 20:01

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.624
    Likes Received 469
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #18
Well, it can be that the link that I posted was for the 64bit Version.

Please google if for the 32bit Version. There must be one!

Reply #23
06/06/2016, 20:15

McDamager

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 101
    Likes Received 29
This absolute +- System is not very handy, confusing and the "minus reports" leads to (imho) unnecessary using of voice chat.
I mean in case 3 people guarding a room and IMMEDIATELY take down one enemy, it is not worth communicating it in three steps (Location +1 ---- Location -1 ---- Location Clear)  ???  With the +- System it is also not (always) clear if the situation there is under control or gettting out of hand.

I prefer a relative approach which mostly reports threat levels.The advantage of relative threat levels is, that everybody knows in an instant if he has to go there to assist or not.

Location "CONTACT" (optional to report)
"Contact Small Stairs" would describe that there are some enemies (usually 1-2) but they are an unlikely threat, because of our defenses/overpop. "Small Stairs Clear" would end the threat.

Location "ENEMIES"
This a threat level which describes an enemy force which is likely able to beat our defenses or attacking attempt.

Location "WATERLOO"
Well, this is the highest threat Level and most likely would describe things like a MAX-Rush or an massive enemy overpop in that area which is very very hard to defeat.

Location "CLEAR"
No threats anymore in this location.

Location "SAVE"
Similar to CLEAR, but describes that no enemies were detected in that area.

Regarding the call out of Locations there is also a simplier approach, which does not need consulting the map (or a clock  ;D  )

1.) First the SL defines a FRONT (usually the doors facing the enemy spawn or your (fixed) target.
2.) The opposite building side is the BACK.
3.) FRONT LEFT means: You look towards the FRONT side and then to your LEFT side.(FRONT RIGHT is analogue)
4.) BACK LEFT means: You look towards the BACK side and then to your LEFT (BACK RIGHT is analogue)

The advantage of this is, that you do not have to think in artificial directions like North, South or 3 o' clock. Instead it follows your natural sense of direction.
« Last Edit: 06/06/2016, 20:18 by McDamager »
Heroes aren´t born, they die and respawn...and may respawn again...but they never ragequit  8)

Reply #24
06/06/2016, 20:50

SarinaSan

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 341
    Likes Received 72
This absolute +- System is not very handy, confusing and the "minus reports" leads to (imho) unnecessary using of voice chat.
I mean in case 3 people guarding a room and IMMEDIATELY take down one enemy, it is not worth communicating it in three steps (Location +1 ---- Location -1 ---- Location Clear)  ???  With the +- System it is also not (always) clear if the situation there is under control or gettting out of hand.

I prefer a relative approach which mostly reports threat levels.The advantage of relative threat levels is, that everybody knows in an instant if he has to go there to assist or not.

Location "CONTACT" (optional to report)
"Contact Small Stairs" would describe that there are some enemies (usually 1-2) but they are an unlikely threat, because of our defenses/overpop. "Small Stairs Clear" would end the threat.

Location "ENEMIES"
This a threat level which describes an enemy force which is likely able to beat our defenses or attacking attempt.

Location "WATERLOO"
Well, this is the highest threat Level and most likely would describe things like a MAX-Rush or an massive enemy overpop in that area which is very very hard to defeat.

Location "CLEAR"
No threats anymore in this location.

Location "SAVE"
Similar to CLEAR, but describes that no enemies were detected in that area.

Good one, but may be change WATERLOO for RUSH

Regarding the call out of Locations there is also a simplier approach, which does not need consulting the map (or a clock  ;D  )

1.) First the SL defines a FRONT (usually the doors facing the enemy spawn or your (fixed) target.
2.) The opposite building side is the BACK.
3.) FRONT LEFT means: You look towards the FRONT side and then to your LEFT side.(FRONT RIGHT is analogue)
4.) BACK LEFT means: You look towards the BACK side and then to your LEFT (BACK RIGHT is analogue)

The advantage of this is, that you do not have to think in artificial directions like North, South or 3 o' clock. Instead it follows your natural sense of direction.
It will work in number of situations, I think usage of both systems will be good, depending on situation.

Reply #25
06/06/2016, 22:05

McDamager

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 101
    Likes Received 29
Yeah, "Waterloo" is not the best! RUSH or BIGFORCE would make more sense.

It is also possible to combine the systems like e.g. "CONTACT GROUNDFLOOR +2" which would mean, that there are 2 enemies but but the situation is under control and no reinforcements are needed.

Additionaly we could use the term "INCOMING" which would mean that our defenses have been overrun.
For Example: "2 INCOMMINGS GROUNDFLOOR" would do two things at once: Report that the Groundloor defense was overrun, and second that people are getting warned of the incoming enemies.

P.S. My 64-bit Testserver installation was working fine for the last 3 months, until yesterday (there was an update at Sunday night).
« Last Edit: 06/06/2016, 22:08 by McDamager »

Reply #26
06/06/2016, 22:14

mas17

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 329
    Likes Received 106
Same here, worked since I downloaded it 5 month ago until yesterday

Reply #27
06/06/2016, 22:47

SarinaSan

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 341
    Likes Received 72
Yeah, "Waterloo" is not the best! RUSH or BIGFORCE would make more sense.

It is also possible to combine the systems like e.g. "CONTACT GROUNDFLOOR +2" which would mean, that there are 2 enemies but but the situation is under control and no reinforcements are needed.

Additionaly we could use the term "INCOMING" which would mean that our defenses have been overrun.
For Example: "2 INCOMMINGS GROUNDFLOOR" would do two things at once: Report that the Groundloor defense was overrun, and second that people are getting warned of the incoming enemies.

P.S. My 64-bit Testserver installation was working fine for the last 3 months, until yesterday (there was an update at Sunday night).
So we can add Incoming like a variant then defence on position already lost.
All this idea is extremely good!!!
The +- system is from CS but this one ("Contact system") will work much better in PS2!!!
But still people need to learn this!

Reply #28
07/06/2016, 03:05

PlantPotSoldier

• Outfit Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.035
    Likes Received 357
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #111
Sorry guys not going to be able to make it, hope it all goes well!
Highly trained professional in making it look like I know what I'm doing.

Reply #29
07/06/2016, 15:55

bersti241

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 143
    Likes Received 39
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #72
can't join. My grandpa is celebrating his birthday tonight

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!