Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
TonyTheWhiteNC 100
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: Game Update 4/9  (Read 16392 times)

Reply #15
09/04/2015, 18:33
Alright, It's time to stop flying. The new controls are horrendous. This will have a massive impact on the airgame in gereral because many pilots will just stop playing at all. Also I don't think we will have enough pilots for the next ServerSmash. :(

Aparently BLNG has disbanded already :/

Reply #16
09/04/2015, 18:35

JohnnyDread

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 807
    Likes Received 96
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #20
  • Re4per since 2013-05-09 01:44 PM
Yea, flight controls are still sluggish.

Reply #17
09/04/2015, 21:00

MummelWurst

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 583
    Likes Received 19
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
well they announced it early enough, so that should not be an excuse for leaving the game, and if you are a good pilot you should be able to adapt pretty fast

but if they want to have the game on multiple platforms, they had to do it

btw Ps2 Players Site still has BLNG in its database
« Last Edit: 09/04/2015, 21:06 by MummelWurst »

Reply #18
09/04/2015, 21:05

xH0PE

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 67
    Likes Received 13
  • stats are love, stats are life
The thing is that is not fun anymore, neither for me nor for many other pilots. Some of them practiced two years to get good in flying and now it's worthless. Those who are main flying will probably quit.

Reply #19
09/04/2015, 21:07

MummelWurst

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 583
    Likes Received 19
i understand that for sure, but now everybody has to learn again, not only the guys who were capable of doing it

Reply #20
09/04/2015, 21:07

Sithis

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 675
    Likes Received 196
  • If someone hit you, hit them harder.
OK, I need a Val team! I got all weapons maxed and it is time to undust the Pelter and Helion!

I can join you f you wish Tower

Reply #21
09/04/2015, 22:01

xH0PE

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 67
    Likes Received 13
  • stats are love, stats are life
i understand that for sure, but now everybody has to learn again, not only the guys who were capable of doing it
Sure everyone could learn it again but the airgame as a whole was already in a bad state since coyotes were added and a2am got useful. Some "ace" pilots quit at this point but those who kept playing have to ask themself now the question: Is learning it again even worth it? There have only been nerfs in the past for (ESF-)pilots and it doesn't seem to get better in the future. So many pilots don't see any reason to learn it again since the airgame is a sinking ship.
The problem for Cobalt as a server is that we were known for our strong and quite enjoyful airgame. Many good pilots (even from other servers) were attracted by this circumstances so the skill level was high. The airgame was also a key element in our ServerSmashes but with the current events the airgame on Cobalt is in serious trouble.

Reply #22
09/04/2015, 22:39

SigEU

• Forum Posts 107
    Likes Received 15
Am I the only one who actually likes the new flying system?!

Alright my take on the patch so far:

- New max weapon skins+sounds. Apart from a few butt-ugly poop-shooters, most look and sound pretty cool now. The diversity is nice.
- New camos. I found a few bright-blue camos I didn't see before, completely useless from a tactical point of view, you light up like a christmas tree. Should've either been left out, or actually been more useful camos. (More in-door and dark camos)
- Color changes to characters and armor. My default-white infiltrator is now completely blue, looks pretty cool. On the sad side, My badass shiny black Composite Armor is now blue as well.
- New side-arm. Seems pretty good, 3 hit kill up close, 4 hit kill at long range. Default-attached scope that's actually pretty good on all ranges.
- Gender bugs! Random gender changes! For the dongs who don't want no wongs! Just changing class again seems to fix it.
- Not in the patch notes: The Vanguard seems to have taken a massive nerf, because it seems like the Titan HE's blast radius has been decreased in size like crazy. I shot near an enemy's feet, saw him actually standing on the black burnt ground of my shot, yet he took no damage at all. It wasn't a hacker, because it happened several times.
- Overall fps performance seems to have increased for me. I run a steady 60 fps on most places at ultra graphics, but occassionally drop to 30-40 at big-scale battles. This seems to stay steady around 50 now.
- Cool new helmets! ICO Helmet! Disco Ball! Says 'nuff.

All in all, I like the new helmets and max weapons, but other than that they might've as well left it all out since it either didn't change anything, or mucked up what was perfectly fine.

Click me!

Reply #23
10/04/2015, 01:38

DJKyzer

• Forum Posts 101
    Likes Received 15
  • Coffee makes everything better
@xH0PE we'll loose most of our good pilots to Star Citizen when that drops proper anyway. It'll just be a new generation of good pilots that'll appear after that.

Anime-Planet.com - anime

Reply #24
10/04/2015, 07:20

Karbooo

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 810
    Likes Received 428
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #82
  • Kunnia kestävän palkka.
- Not in the patch notes: The Vanguard seems to have taken a massive nerf, because it seems like the Titan HE's blast radius has been decreased in size like crazy. I shot near an enemy's feet, saw him actually standing on the black burnt ground of my shot, yet he took no damage at all. It wasn't a hacker, because it happened several times.
- Overall fps performance seems to have increased for me. I run a steady 60 fps on most places at ultra graphics, but occassionally drop to 30-40 at big-scale battles. This seems to stay steady around 50 now.

That vanguard experience you had is a bug. It was here before the update and they didn't patch it away. I have seen those soldiers at standing position bugging few times a day. I think they died at the spot but they render to it anyway.

And for the performance part, I agree. Right after the first alert we had a 96+ on both sides at amerish techplant and my game was way more smooth than before the update. Pretty much had the same (10+) fps boost.

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Reply #25
10/04/2015, 10:30

octogen

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 159
    Likes Received 20
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #81
:(  :-\  'again no quality of life' updates (sorry..I'm bitching about it all the time, but its really frustrating)
I'd be really happy if they'd finally get the 'companies' upgrade done.
Here is why: main reason is #1
1. Most of the time, we have 1 platoon, and half the RE4 members 'have to' play solo or in other squads
2. It happens very often that we are outpopped, what happens is; around equal number of squads/platoons, and lots of (VS) solo dudes.. a 2-3-4 platoon sized force may help to fix this

***edit:I think until there were no lattice links, platoon size was ok, now its just not enough sometimes
« Last Edit: 10/04/2015, 10:42 by octogen »

Reply #26
10/04/2015, 19:04

SigEU

• Forum Posts 107
    Likes Received 15
They also forgot to fix this:

More free biolab kills and reports for hacking please.

Click me!

Reply #27
10/04/2015, 20:37

Sithis

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 675
    Likes Received 196
  • If someone hit you, hit them harder.
@xH0PE we'll loose most of our good pilots to Star Citizen when that drops proper anyway. It'll just be a new generation of good pilots that'll appear after that.

Tru, for now i focus only on Star Citizen fly, becose its fucking hard to take moves like this in your hand.

Reply #28
10/04/2015, 22:39

MummelWurst

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 583
    Likes Received 19
More free biolab kills and reports for hacking please.

a noticed quite a few misplaced objects, e.g. at Mattherson Triumph on the upper level bridges some barriers are little off and have spaces (at least they had them yesterday)

but as usual they fix stuff and bring in some failures somewhere else ^^

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!