Cobalt(EU) is online
Re4pers Platoon open

1 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
ur2bshot 100
lupuscerberus 100
Osamthedog 84
Most Re4pers ever online: 100 (05 Feb 2017)

Linked Events

• RE4 Tournament Team First Training: 07/06/2016Please login or register to sign up for this event.
Short URL:

Author Topic: [07/06/2016,19:00 CET] RE4 Tournament Team First Training  (Read 11049 times)

28/05/2016, 12:45

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.640
    Likes Received 511
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #22
Ladies and Gentlemen,

its about time. I set up this more then a week in advance so everybody has the chance to arrange himself.

Reminder: We want to build a strong tournament team to participate on server-smashes, lanesmashes and scrims against other outfits. Our last experience was that our current playstyle is too much influenced of the overcrowded battles on cobalt and does not fit to a clean small scale fight against other competitive orientated outfits. This requires other roles to play in a squad and a much closer communication. But we will start to train this here and now.

So we will fight against each other on the empty PS2 Test Server, wich looks exactly like cobalt, but is empty. You need to download the client much in advance (better start a day before, because its huge):

http://launch.daybreakgames.com/installer/PS2_Test_setup.exe

We will meet on our TS at 19:00 CEST and build up the teams. Everyone who participates should be willing to use TS activly, thats the key of success. The more people we are, the better it will work.

This will be the first event. There will be new ones EVERY Tuesday from now on.

Fear the Re4pers!

« Last Edit: 28/05/2016, 12:47 by TheBUNKSTER »

Reply #1
28/05/2016, 13:27

SarinaSan

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 434
    Likes Received 155
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #260
I'd like to lead one of the squads.
But not on 7.06. What I need is preparation time, and pre made squad. And I don't have time now for these.
I will make a tactical materials and squad should learn them.
Also I'd like to have a mentor (for example stone (if you agree to help me)).
Tournament team differ alot from other squad lead process, so I hope you will let a "solder" to be "TSL" ;)

Reply #2
28/05/2016, 13:41

stonedmedic

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 892
    Likes Received 272
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #90
i'm not some tactical mastermind either but I'm always happy to help

Reply #3
28/05/2016, 18:10

Duckyyz

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.869
    Likes Received 231
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #194
  • Twitch Streamer
SarinaSan,

If you need some tactical inside you cal always poke me ingame or pm me.
I maybe not a Re4pers anymore but know enough about tactical play style

Reply #4
28/05/2016, 19:32

FichiZulla

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 84
    Likes Received 90
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #55
I'll be gone 4-9th jun :/ seem i will miss this one...

Reply #5
28/05/2016, 19:59

BashaR

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 626
    Likes Received 207
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
Looks like I'm gonna miss it too :P Got an exam from 18:00 till 21:00 :o

Reply #6
31/05/2016, 18:29

ZinorraProSe

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 247
    Likes Received 78
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #169
I have shitload of stuff to do for Uni. Still I'll try to join.

Reply #7
31/05/2016, 20:19

CapFancypants

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 8
    Likes Received 2
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -

Reply #8
01/06/2016, 20:42

McDamager

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 102
    Likes Received 29
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #206
  • What does this red button do ?
I will try to make it on Tuesday, but I cannot promise it!  :-\
Heroes aren´t born, they die and respawn...and may respawn again...but they never ragequit  8)

Reply #9
06/06/2016, 12:39

TheBUNKSTER

• President
  • Forum Posts 1.640
    Likes Received 511
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #22
Dont forget to download the test server in advance! It takes hours. Better do it over night ...

I am already exited about tomorrow. Lets hope many re4pers will find time to join. The more the better!

Reply #10
06/06/2016, 14:14

SarinaSan

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 434
    Likes Received 155
Looking for volunteers in to the "Tournament Squad Sigma".
It's a "concept", I have ideas how it must look, we will take some stuff from CS in which I had an experience of being leader. First of all squad need to know this stuff (don't learn by heart names etc., but know basics):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AXx_smklC5JwpF0AP0Sgye4y7sdvMLNCYIZeuOmhd1g/edit
(Thank you stone for sharing).

But!!! We will simplify and modify this. Group need to play like a machine doing stuff automaticly. We need minimise usage of memory and maximise usage of operational analysis.
To be simple in this, example: you are in a building and see such interior
(ATTACHMENT BELOW)
, you see an enemy and need to report, to do this you need use your long term memory with no clear assosiation. Standart name of this room is "Bottom right room", we need to change it.*
*All my ideas and the discussion better do in TS.

P.S. I think we need a lot of different Tournament squads and squad leaders, participants will all the time mixing up and try to follow new SL new tactics and so on, in this "SHAKE" we will come to the great final result ;)
« Last Edit: 06/06/2016, 14:25 by SarinaSan »

Reply #11
06/06/2016, 15:02

stonedmedic

• Soldier
  • Forum Posts 892
    Likes Received 272
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #90
I don't know what building u have on your screenshot because its 100px x 100px small. Looks like a Chevy/The "L" building for me which is pretty easy to communicate in. I already suggested a tactical guide with some basics that we should all learn but looks like it didn't go too far from there. From my experience i can quickly share the stuff that we are using right now during trainings and that are easy to remember and we kinda already got memorized. Those things are the following:

- we use diamonds fire team for defence purposes and spades for offensive. for example, during capture, diamonds are always on capture point and spades are going for enemy sundies, maxes and all the other major threats.

- by default we run AV loadouts on infantry in case of dealing with enemy maxes, tanks or sundies.

- we usually have one engie and two medics per fire team.

- in Powerhouses we call the upper floor entrances 'the double doors', stairs that lead to SCU in Biolabs are 'short stairs' and stairs to 'triple doors' on lower floor are 'big stairs'

- we often use the 'upper floor', 'lower/ground floor'

- we use /squad promoteme to cycle the beacon when enemy destroys it

- in Triple we use 'balcony' for balcony, 'diamonds roof' for Capture Point room's roof stairs, 'diamonds stairs' for stairs leading to ground floor. 'Spades roof' for balcony room's roof stairs and 'spades stairs' for stairs leading to ground floor from the balcony room.

- we have fixed mini map so that North is always on the upper edge of minimap to call out threats more easily. For example we go 'North-West. enemy sundie incoming' or 'Infantry push from south'

- Heavies and Maxes are always in front, engies are behind with infantry turrets, and medics with damaged/wounded soldiers are retreating behind infantry turrets for heals, ammo etc.

- when holding double doors or any other entrances we have an engie with infantry turret about 10 m away from entrance, HA close to entrance and a medic switching between engie and heavy to keep them both alive.

- there is always one infiltrator with motion spotter for recon purposes or we use crossbows with detect bolts.

those are some basic things that i can think of right now.
« Last Edit: 06/06/2016, 15:07 by stonedmedic »

Reply #12
06/06/2016, 15:58

SarinaSan

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 434
    Likes Received 155
I don't know what building u have on your screenshot because its 100px x 100px small. Looks like a Chevy/The "L" building for me which is pretty easy to communicate in. I already suggested a tactical guide with some basics that we should all learn but looks like it didn't go too far from there. From my experience i can quickly share the stuff that we are using right now during trainings and that are easy to remember and we kinda already got memorized. Those things are the following:

- we use diamonds fire team for defence purposes and spades for offensive. for example, during capture, diamonds are always on capture point and spades are going for enemy sundies, maxes and all the other major threats.

- by default we run AV loadouts on infantry in case of dealing with enemy maxes, tanks or sundies.

- we usually have one engie and two medics per fire team.

- in Powerhouses we call the upper floor entrances 'the double doors', stairs that lead to SCU in Biolabs are 'short stairs' and stairs to 'triple doors' on lower floor are 'big stairs'

- we often use the 'upper floor', 'lower/ground floor'

- we use /squad promoteme to cycle the beacon when enemy destroys it

- in Triple we use 'balcony' for balcony, 'diamonds roof' for Capture Point room's roof stairs, 'diamonds stairs' for stairs leading to ground floor. 'Spades roof' for balcony room's roof stairs and 'spades stairs' for stairs leading to ground floor from the balcony room.

- we have fixed mini map so that North is always on the upper edge of minimap to call out threats more easily. For example we go 'North-West. enemy sundie incoming' or 'Infantry push from south'

- Heavies and Maxes are always in front, engies are behind with infantry turrets, and medics with damaged/wounded soldiers are retreating behind infantry turrets for heals, ammo etc.

- when holding double doors or any other entrances we have an engie with infantry turret about 10 m away from entrance, HA close to entrance and a medic switching between engie and heavy to keep them both alive.

- there is always one infiltrator with motion spotter for recon purposes or we use crossbows with detect bolts.

those are some basic things that i can think of right now.

Yeah, I think everyone who play over one month with re4 knows that;)
I don't like much Spades/diamonds - roof/stairs. Terms should be in tune.
So fire team names is not suitable on my opinion.

One more stuff what we need to add for Tornament Squad is "+-" call.
If you see enemy:
1) Say location
2) Say + number
3) If target down call: -number, or clear.

What numbers can be called 1,2,3, rush.
Special calls can be made for Max (also considering Infiltrator)

Also no calls for ammo and heal in voice chat(only in silent operations).

About building orientation, it is way better to get simple rule, North is Front (or if positioning is not straight from North to South, we clock system will help, next to the right from North is Front).

One more thing calling for Medic (first medic must do it buy himself, find who needs help) but if it necceserry person can call "Medic-location" "Down-location".
Call should be done in such order becouse of not conflict with "+-" call.

IMHO: Without this T. Squad can't be successful
« Last Edit: 06/06/2016, 16:04 by SarinaSan »

Reply #13
06/06/2016, 16:25

Karbooo

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 782
    Likes Received 391
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #51
  • Kunnia kestävän palkka.
If you see enemy:
1) Say location
2) Say + number
LMAO

"Ok got it now you fucking nasty dick" -Gwynbleidd12 15.1.2017

Reply #14
06/06/2016, 16:31

SarinaSan

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 434
    Likes Received 155
If you see enemy:
1) Say location
2) Say + number
LMAO

It works only such way :P
And it's important.
Not clearly shure why u "LMAO"

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!