Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

2 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
5tuperman 73
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: RE4pers are back in business!  (Read 9889 times)

21/07/2020, 18:42

Terrorbird

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 229
    Likes Received 272
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #25

Regular roster is back on the menu boys, with the first RE4SpecT Sunday 26th of July at 20:00 CEST.

Activity will stay on a lower pitch though and not expecting that to change untill the beginning of September. To compensate we may put more emphasis on joint operations with other outfits.

More info and signup link regarding RE4SpecT can be found here: https://re4pers.com/index.php?topic=6242.msg51396#msg51396

(RE4 wallpaper made by "Ansic") (Post modified to include Showcase video instead, Also by Ansic, done by MrFFF)
« Last Edit: 07/10/2020, 02:46 by Xerxates »

Reply #1
21/08/2020, 22:23

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #12
When will you be back in business? I see Orig, AXMI and TPDV running squad(s) almost every day, I see their base caps, but I can barely see any RE4 activity. I think you just completely lost all of the momentum we built up for the 2nd OW...

Reply #2
22/08/2020, 00:03

IntegrityNC

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 370
    Likes Received 344
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
when will "you" be back in business, I think "you" lost momentum - are you not still a reaper? why aren't you active on NC? I see a lot of people in here complaining about the level of organisation and activity we have, but when it comes time to sign up for ops they are silent.
« Last Edit: 22/08/2020, 00:05 by ViciousWankNC »

Reply #3
22/08/2020, 01:18

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
I did my fair share of activity for this outfit in the past. Also, I stoped playing NC for a reason. My leadership style probably would still not be very popular and my exit was also not pretty. However, I had put a lot of effort in placing this outfit to where it was at the 2nd OW finals and it pains me to see how easily and quickly things stoped working and im not happy about it. Also, I cant believe that, "you", guys cant run this outfit without me, because nobody is irreplaceable, not even me. Get "your" shit together and start organise stuff again. If you want to see things moving again, start to push them.

Reply #4
22/08/2020, 03:36

IntegrityNC

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 370
    Likes Received 344
I'm not sure I even want to address what you wrote there fully, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to say something that I'll regret. It's true that you've done a lot for the outfit, as many here have, and we're all grateful for that. However, if you are no longer willing to put any effort in for the outfit, then you forfeit the right to criticise those that still are. Don't sit in the backseat and tell us how much better it was when you were in charge.
« Last Edit: 22/08/2020, 03:41 by ViciousWankNC »

Reply #5
22/08/2020, 09:28

FelixTheLion

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 1.394
    Likes Received 1519
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #2
  • Flower-Power ? Firepower !
(...) It's true that you've done a lot for the outfit, as many here have,(...)
Well, many have done something in/with the outfit but for the outfit is debatable.

Also Fallen certainly put enough effort in this outfit to criticize the development of the outfit the second he stopped being around.

Reply #6
22/08/2020, 09:59

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
Thanks Felix, but I waited a bit more than a second :P

The reason why I started to critize now is that I assume that the next OW will be in September or October and at the current state im not even sure that we could even qualify

Reply #7
22/08/2020, 10:14

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
    Likes Received 1314
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #36
  • Armpit Eater
Well, maybe if the criticism was in any degree first off constructive, and second followed basic norms of conduct.

You cant expect
entitled (hes making demands of actions he has not / have not willing to put effort in and take part in, while also waving his status and authority around)
ranting (hes addressing other outfit members in a spiteful, belittling and inflammatory manner
to be taken on as worthwhile, cause social norms by default put blame on the aggressor and 9/10 times kill any merit in their arguments.

You're complaining about inactivity in a thread titled "RE4pers are back in business!" doesn't that raise any red flags for you?

This is not a company organization were doing here. Noone gets to assign jobs or point fingers. Its a voluntary hobby organization, either You get in and participate on Your own accord, put in as many effort as You personally feel comfortable with and feels rewarding for you, or you simply don't participate and that's the extent of your power.

Why the fuck would you derive your satisfaction and feel rewarded from, causing stress and burnout on other voluntary members, or perpetuating conflicts between group A and b in a organization. Is completely out of my understanding, and i don't want it to be accepted.

If i were to answer Fallen questions:
When we will be back in business? - This is a ops event thread, there is a date on the ops that someone is willing to organize and lead.
Other outfits are doing shit we need to compare to them. - Since when Re4pers needed to look outwards on other outfits for validation?
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #8
22/08/2020, 12:33
The original posts States that the Re4SpecT is resuming, but the activity will be otherwise low until September. However disappointing that might be we are in August so lower activity is just as mentioned.

I think the original post can be perceived as we are in full swing again, while it only pertained to occasional Sunday ops.

I want everyone back online, must record a lot of reapers at once! But I will wait if outfit command has plan to increase activity in September.

Reply #9
23/08/2020, 11:20

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
Most of us joined this outfit because we liked the gamestyle this outfit was playing and then we stayed because we also started to like the outfit and the people in it. And now, when i start to critize you for giving up on this and call for returning to the RE4 way i get the "shut up, you dont play here anymore" lines... Just let me point out that we had council members for quite long time without any in-game activity, without a problem and also this is not a constructive and forward pointing answer on the problems we face.

About being constructive: I said to get shit done and start organize things. Do you need any details about how to do this? First of all, just start to do organised casual gameplay on weekdays so that our members feel that they got something to come back for. After this is established, you can start to organize specific trainings again, just like we did in the spring. Please let me know if you have any more question on this, im happy to help.

This is not a company organization, but we all like to play this game and we are adults enough to know that sometimes we need to put some effort in something so that we can have the fun we want. Even in a game.

On causing stress and burnout... What you are talking about is "Is completely out of my understanding, and i don't want it to be accepted" so why the fuck would i want to do that?

In the past there was no base or reason to compare ourselves to other outfits, because our activity, membership and performance was so much above theirs. You realy think that this is still the case? As i saw from the other side RE4 is not the sledgehammer of the NC anymore. The outfit stopped existing on the battlefield and we are not the guys who get shit done anymore. That is the reason why i did the comparisson.

Just to provide you also a part of the solution, as I did so for so long in the past, even in the shittiest period of PS2, I'll start to run casual gameplay on weekdays from 8 to 10 CET on the days when I can get home from work in time.

Reply #10
23/08/2020, 11:46

Duckyyz

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 2.653
    Likes Received 448
  • Twitch Streamer
Dude,

In some of the country's people still are on vacation. When this post was made we decided to do the ops every 2 weeks because of the vacation. Give people the time to celebrate there vacation after there hard work in IRL and ingame.

If you so stressed that we don't make the OW3 please don't.
There is still no announcement on when OW will take place and rushing stuff is not gonna help it.
We will stand there if the OW3 is announced to show who we are.

Reply #11
23/08/2020, 15:16

StrikingSpliff

• The Re4pers Council
  • Forum Posts 1.004
    Likes Received 550
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #9
Everyone play nicely! I have been back to work for 2 weeks now and will be playing a lot less but if they release dates for an OW I will make sure im free and the same with the events.
Lighting them up since dial up G

Reply #12
23/08/2020, 16:39

MrFFF

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 2.446
    Likes Received 1314
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #36
  • Armpit Eater
OK, well first off guys me and Fallen are fine, don't worry, we spent like 3 or 4 hours playing PS2 together yesterday. Dont take this like were about to tear chunks out of each other. Were just both two socially awkward nerds... or maybe just me.

Fallen im not telling You to shut up, im telling You to not shout aimlessly. Not sure if this came from a position of frustration or is a tactic to drill some discipline into ppl. But You have to understand that yelling at the most engaged person that's trying to organize shit around here (witch sorry but that's the only interpretation i could give for your reply, especially on this thread) especially after your perceived few month absence is not a good look and just riles ppl up.

Like mentioned at the beginning maybe i also went into this too hard, but in my opinion someone has to start calling this kind of shit out if we don't want to drift apart more.

Like i said in a recent council internal discussion -
The re4 community has no direction, its natural state is stagnation, witch is not a exactly a bad thing, just a product of having a stable group of ppl that keep it afloat as a platform. The only direction or activity it has is the one that someone puts into it.
Im just gonna say it once more. Pushing on others or criticizing decisions you had no discussion or effort in, is destructive in the long run and not the way to go. Leads to burnout and resentment that we dont need. If You want shit done put effort in and inspire others to also take action.

Looking forward to joining Your platoons and squads thanks in advance.
"Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
"To be united by hatred is a fragile alliance at best"― Kreia (Knights of the Old Republic II)
"I generally don't believe in things if there's a lot of evidence to suggest they're false" ― Ross Scott

Reply #13
23/08/2020, 17:01

lololfirefis12

• Squad Leader
  • Forum Posts 1.036
    Likes Received 539
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #66
I am also socialy awkward.. But when it comes to love relationships :'(

Reply #14
24/08/2020, 08:49

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
Ducky, unfortunately i dont think that things can be turned back from one day to the other. To bring us back to the position we were and then to start to improve even further, we will need time. Better to get start to it and you dont want him to be right, right? :)

And dont forget, our opposition also improved. I saw more T guys back in business, BROS running regular platoons and stealing our tactics + URGE also stepped up a level in their gameplay. It is time to show whos boss. We are.

(And to quote another classic: 'Bout time we kicked this revolution into overdrive.)
« Last Edit: 24/08/2020, 08:51 by Fallengud »

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!