Cobalt(EU) Status: online
Re4pers Platoon open

2 Alert(s) active

Re4pers In-Game

Character Name BR
5tuperman 73
Most Re4pers ever online: 120 (15 Mar 2020)
Short URL:

Author Topic: If you are interested in cooperating with RE4, please post here  (Read 4463 times)

25/05/2020, 14:56

Wolkenwand

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 2.866
    Likes Received 1333
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score -
  • and the dudes
Good relationships are always a good thing for the NC, so if you want to live free together post in here.
I am here to pull Maxes and play tactical, and I am all out of Nanites.

Reply #1
12/11/2020, 09:34

Vahurin

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 31
    Likes Received 15
  • PS2 / Cobalt Scouts
Greetings dear Re4pers.

As an ex Re4per player I will be glad to maintain contact and help in the only areas I'm strong. Strategic advice and scout/infil ops. That's why I'm redacting this post here and not in other places of the forum, despite is a lot of content not related with diplomacy but tactics I want to share here.

I play as a solo outfit because my crap laptop and problems hearing voices ingame. That's why I found very rewarding helping NC to win contests, and normally playing as a infiltrator in secondary bases.

Last days I started trying to coordinate NC efforts in contests, informing about the ongoing combats and directing troops to points of strategic interest. The balance is not bad, 2 victories and a half. Last one, very complicated, put light on one aspect complained by Re4pers squad leaders: The Alien cage tactic.

I explain that: do you remember the scene with 3 aliens on a cage? Two decided to kill the third in order to escape. That is what is happening lately in contests if NC looks weaker (no doubt related with population numbers provided by the publisher). TR and VS focus first in unseating NC, gaining as much as they can, and last half hour they change focus to each other. It's a correct strategy because the pace of conquests is faster facing the weaker and even faster if the other side is helping.

You need to know that and use it against themselves.

If I remember correctly was Frederick the Great who said something like "in a defensive war inexperienced generals tend to try to defend every point in the front". That is a mistake if you have not the numbers or other advantages.

The answer I can provide is a dilemma, you must defend mainly against VS or TR? Against the strong or the weak? I'm not 100% sure about this and must be put in trial, but my first bet is the strong one. Why?

In first place I consider that regaining bases is easiest from the weaker than the strong, you must consider that in late stages of the game you will be needed in capturing these bases. The second consideration is that the weaker after some gains will refocus on the strong one. One example of the typical contest: TR and VS storm NC bases across all the map, apparently the strong one is VS, not only when numbers are favourable but also because seems me they have smarter leader teams. NC grosso modo put their force in containing VS at all costs. After half hour, maybe one, TR is equalling bases with VS and the fight between them increases. In this moment you can start transferring troops from one front to the other. Of course it is a limit for that, you may not let be warpgated and beware of isolated big bases, they usually attract more people and are hard (time consumers) to recover. Another consideration is that a deliberate and arbitrary defence will surprise and maybe confound the other contenders.

That reminds me another aspect of the game, the mistakes are very punishing. Not making mistakes is half victory. For exemple, reaching the enemy warpgate can provoke an undesirable reaction.

Another thoughts that I want to share are about the use of vehicles, defence and equipment.

· TR are the kings of air, good pilots tend to play TR because the Mosquito is the best ESF. They are arrogant enough to put anti infantry weapons instead of AA (do you remember the Brrrr! of death?). If you are in a vehicle in TR area you must consider a specific loadout with AA. You can call it Raid Mosquito Killer. In modern warfare the first target is air force and after skies are cleared focus on vehicles and infantry.

· All sides use massive numbers to overwhelm adversary, zerg assaults are a PS2 trademark and nothing can be done to stop a locust plague, neither OS or Bastions or storms (developers know that). You may consider defending such base that is not critical against zergs useless, probably you will be mercilessly farmed if numbers don't help.

· If you see one base is hardly defensible you may fill the path to the next base with mines. A squad of engies will be enough to kill some vehicles. That must be done quickly because time is gold (Valkyrie). Some engies like I are used to do that, but a massive minefield will be far more effective (and amusing to see). That can be used in combination with Harassers as a bait.

That's all, for the moment. Thank You for reading.

Vahurin / Cobalt Scout

Reply #2
12/11/2020, 10:48

Fallengud

• Veteran
  • Forum Posts 5.310
    Likes Received 2292
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #12
You made some good advices yesterday. I recommend to the others to also consider what you are writing when they are leading.

(Yesterday we had not that many players online and we mainly wanted the TR to lose as it was their ops night, but with a more attention on the VS we could have won that Hossin...)

Reply #3
12/11/2020, 13:04
Vahurin i am glad you are here and that you want to help the cobalt nc. cobalt nc needs people like you ! there is a posibility that i will come back to your offer...

Reply #4
12/11/2020, 17:07

Vahurin

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 31
    Likes Received 15
  • PS2 / Cobalt Scouts
You made some good advices yesterday. I recommend to the others to also consider what you are writing when they are leading.

(Yesterday we had not that many players online and we mainly wanted the TR to lose as it was their ops night, but with a more attention on the VS we could have won that Hossin...)

Hello Fallengud. Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with "ops night". But yes, victory was in our grasp. I must say VS played smartly cutting several bases at the right time. They use zerg tactics but not so indiscriminately like TR, that's why TR is more dependent on population than VS, I've seen alerts wined by VS despite being in numerical inferiority.

You can read this reddit tread that seems to confirm my analysis.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/86zcej/why_is_cobalt_vs_so_good_and_miller_vs_so_bad/

"You can see VS solo stalkers and small squads trying to disrupt entire zergs." That's me  8) , my problem is that I'm a terrible shooter.  >:(

But, of course, not only me, also I can point to outfits that can do a lot of harm: Trinkhallenlifestyle [TRNK] a few hardcore players that are above average level. We meet frequently the same targets and I must to say they play hard and smart.

So yes, you must watch carefully VS moves because is a brain working on it.

Reply #5
12/11/2020, 17:15
Vahurin you are a main VS. how many years are you playing on cobalt vs and how frequently ? the brain that you mention, is it one guy? is a big part of cobalt vs (leaders) listening to him ? tell us more about cobalt vs high command please

generally what is going on the map is common knowledge. everybody studying the map can see who and how is moving. i am interested in things that the map doesnt tell us..

Reply #6
12/11/2020, 17:18
you are a member since 03/2020. are you a re4per ? have you played with us ?

Reply #7
12/11/2020, 17:19

Vahurin

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 31
    Likes Received 15
  • PS2 / Cobalt Scouts
Vahurin i am glad you are here and that you want to help the cobalt nc. cobalt nc needs people like you ! there is a possibility that i will come back to your offer...

Thanks for your kind words Karma. That's why despite my playstyle fits better VS I'm here. I don't see at the moment the game is too much unbalanced in favour of VS or TR, that depends on multiple factors. So I guess is perfectly attainable more victories.

One thing I'm meditating is how to build a Central Command, I feel a bit guilty usurping this function in my own initiative.

Reply #8
12/11/2020, 17:24

Vahurin

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 31
    Likes Received 15
  • PS2 / Cobalt Scouts
you are a member since 03/2020. are you a re4per ? have you played with us ?

Yes, when Escalation was announced I thought was the time to play in teams. But as I mentioned before my crap laptop and problems hearing and understanding voices ingame changed my mind and returned to solo. No complaints here.

Reply #9
12/11/2020, 17:32
a central command would help. sometimes on peak hours leaders are communicating and coordinating over leader chat. i am interested in  how you are thinking to acomplish a central command for cobalt nc.

Reply #10
12/11/2020, 17:33

Vahurin

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 31
    Likes Received 15
  • PS2 / Cobalt Scouts
Vahurin you are a main VS. how many years are you playing on cobalt vs and how frequently ? the brain that you mention, is it one guy? is a big part of cobalt vs (leaders) listening to him ? tell us more about cobalt vs high command please

generally what is going on the map is common knowledge. everybody studying the map can see who and how is moving. i am interested in things that the map doesnt tell us..

I was playing first four or five years. Then leaved and returned one year ago.

Solo players are a drop in the map, but some of them playing smart can help to shift balance.

There is not High Command in VS, at least not know by me. But leaders talk in their channel and sometimes I help, not to the extent I'm doing with NC, mainly because they don't need that.

Reply #12
12/11/2020, 17:37

PhoenixPrixxx

• Human Resource Officer
  • Forum Posts 274
    Likes Received 178
    Outfit Rank by Planetside2 Score #115
do you have access to all parts of our forum ?
Well he access to most parts on our forum because his rank is Soldier. Not to the Leadership stuff

I am not 27 years old ;)

Reply #14
12/11/2020, 17:41

Vahurin

• Ex Member
  • Forum Posts 31
    Likes Received 15
  • PS2 / Cobalt Scouts
a central command would help. sometimes on peak hours leaders are communicating and coordinating over leader chat. i am interested in  how you are thinking to acomplish a central command for cobalt nc.

My first bet is that not every one is willing to get responsibility in command, because you can win or you can lose. That's why I guess can be acknowledged at the start of every alert if any player wants to assume command.

Bunkster is currently playing Got it!